Last Updated: October 24, 2023
Click on the links below to learn more:
Information We Collect
We use the term “personally identifiable information” to mean information that identifies, or that can reasonably be linked to, an actual natural person (that’s a real, named human being). We use the stand-alone term “information” to include all types of information, including personally identifiable information.
Information You Provide
The information we obtain from you in connection with our Services may include:
Information We Automatically Collect
The information we automatically collect from you in connection with our Services may include:
Information Obtained from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, including (1) from publicly or commercially available sources (such as your activity on social networks), and (2) from our business partners and other third parties that help us update, expand, and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide Services that may be of interest to you. We also may obtain other information about you either with your consent or in such manner as we describe at the time of collection.
We may permit third-party analytics services, interest-based advertisers, and other relevant third-party service providers to collect and process certain information from our Services (and to use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the Services or help administer the Services). The information may be disclosed to or collected directly by these third parties, and they may collect and combine information, including personally identifiable information, about your online activities over time and across OnePlus and third-party devices, apps, websites, and other online services (hereinafter referred to as “behavioral tracking”). We provide more information about interest-based advertising below.
We may combine any of the foregoing information with other information received from you or relevant to you.
Cookies and Other Automated Data Collection Technologies
The information we collect automatically may include personally identifiable information. Additionally, in the case of aggregate, demographic information or statistical data that is initially gathered about our user base as a whole, or information about individuals that is initially gathered in encrypted format, we may ultimately tie it to or associate it with personally identifiable information we collect in other ways, receive from third parties, or you provide to us. We may also use these technologies for behavioral tracking. We provide information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking by these technologies below.
Please note: If a user exercises their choice to reject or disable cookies or other automated means of data collection, the user may not be able to take advantage of the full features and functionality of our Services.
In general, a cookie is a small file that a website places on a user’s computer to identify it and to maintain its unique information from page to page. Cookies include browser cookies and Flash cookies stored on a user’s hard drive.
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Services may use Flash cookies. Flash cookies are cookies that are stored and accessed using Adobe Flash. Flash cookies are ordinarily larger than browser cookies and take up more space on a user’s computer, allowing more information to be stored. Users can manage and control settings concerning Flash cookies on their computer by visiting the Adobe® Flash® Player website at: http: //www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html.
Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. Adobe's website permits users to delete Flash cookies as well as limit and disable the amount of information a Flash cookie may store on the user’s computer.
To learn more about Flash cookies, visit the Adobe® Flash® Player website at: http: //helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
Please Note: The Services are not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers.
Web beacons are bits of code embedded in web pages, ads, images, and emails (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, single-pixel gifs, tracking pixels, or just pixels) that record activities such as how many users visited a certain page, how many users opened a certain email, or whether certain ads on a website and other sites were popular. They help us manage and measure the usability and effectiveness of our communications and Services. By turning off browser cookies, a web beacon ordinarily should not be able to record the user's unique information, even though it will still identify the website visit or other activity.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we obtain about you:
• To provide and enhance the Services, such as registering a user for a Service, identifying and authenticating a user so that they may activate, use, and interact with our Services and ancillary, non-OnePlus services, and improving and customizing the user experience
• To fulfill orders and requests from you for information or Services, provide customer support, and otherwise communicate with you
• To track and confirm online orders and to process refunds, returns, and exchanges
• To create, maintain, administer, and provide you with notices about your OnePlus account and any other accounts, programs, or subscriptions that you participate in, including expiration and renewal notices
• To allow and manage your participation in prize draws, contests, rewards programs, or similar promotional activities
• To market and advertise the Services, to support our marketing activities and initiatives, and to provide recommendations to our customers
• To otherwise provide ads, which may include targeted (or interest-based) ads delivered on your computer, device, or within certain apps where targeted or interest-based ads are available (if you turn off targeted or interest-based ads, you will receive generic ads); we provide more information about interest-based advertising below
• To comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, contractual obligations (such as any contracts entered into between you and us, including billing and collection), relevant industry standards, and OnePlus’s policies
• To employ and improve our Services’ security and safety features and protect against, prevent, and identify fraud and other illegal activity, legal claims, and other liabilities
• To notify you about changes to any Services we offer or provide or to any of our policies
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, that we specifically describe at the time of collection, or that you specifically consent to
Disclosure of Your Information
• To our parent(s), subsidiaries, and affiliates
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties who perform services for us and who are bound by contract not to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements
• To our business partners as well as third parties who operate apps and services that connect with OnePlus’s, or in connection with co-branded product or service offerings
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, joint venture, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of OnePlus’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information held by OnePlus about users of our Services is among the assets transferred
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, or if you ask us to or otherwise with your consent
• To law enforcement, governmental, or regulatory authorities or agencies, or to any other party with legal authority, if required or permitted by law
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of OnePlus, our customers, or others, to protect the security and integrity of the Services, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction)
• To the public by default when our Services allow you to post information in certain spaces accessible to other users such as a forum or a blog (such content may be accessible to the general public or only to members of the Service depending on the Service used)
• To third parties to market their products or services to you if (1) you have not opted out of these disclosures, and (2) they are contractually required by us to keep such information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them (we provide more information below regarding your rights and choices about how we use and disclose your information)
Through certain Services, both we and various third parties may collect information about your online activities (on our website as well as on other sites) to provide you with advertising about products and services that is tailored to your individual interests. We may also share your browsing history and other information with third parties to provide relevant ads, such as: device-related data (including device identifiers and settings, type of device, IP addresses, Advertising IDs, device usage and log information, cookies and other information associated with your browsing) and individual preferences, interests, and demographic characteristics (including insights and inferences related to shopping patterns and behaviors). These third parties include parent(s), subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers and business partners. Allowing third parties to access this type of information helps us improve the Services’ performance and appeal and helps provide more customized advertising and marketing for our customers. We may also obtain such information from trusted third-party data sources. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising.”
Because OnePlus may participate in certain advertising networks, you may also see OnePlus ads on certain non-OnePlus websites or mobile apps. This allows us to reach more users based on their demographic data, inferred interests, and browsing. Such ad networks track users’ online activities over time through automated means, including browser cookies, web beacons, device identifiers, and other tracking technologies. These networks utilize such data to tailor ads to individuals’ interests, to track users’ browsing behavior across multiple websites and apps, and to profile users’ online activities. This data includes browsing and usage by such users of websites and apps that participate in these ad networks (such as the pages or ads viewed and other actions taken by users on such websites or apps). This data collection may take place both on certain Services and on non-OnePlus websites that participate in such ad networks. This process helps us to effectively market the Services.
We may use behavioral tracking to provide you with ads that are tailored to your individual interest. If you would like to opt out of interest-based ads, here are some steps you can take:
· We do not control the independent collection or use of your information by unrelated third parties to serve interest-based advertising. You do, however, have additional options to stop the “sale” (as such term is used in our OnePlus – State Privacy Rights Policy) or certain sharing for “cross-context behavioral advertising” (as such term is used in our OnePlus – State Privacy Rights Policy) purposes of your information by OnePlus. We provide more information below regarding your rights and choices about how we use and disclose your information.
Your Rights and Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information we obtain about you. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Subject to applicable law and to the extent applicable to each Service, you may (1) request access to, or correction or deletion of, the information we maintain about you; (2) request, if applicable, that we limit our use and disclosure of your “sensitive personal information” (as such term is used in our OnePlus – State Privacy Rights Policy); or (3) opt out of the (a) “sale” (as such term is used in our OnePlus – State Privacy Rights Policy) of your personal information, or (b) certain sharing of your personal information for “cross-context behavioral advertising” (as such term is used in our OnePlus – State Privacy Rights Policy) purposes.
• How to Submit a Request. To submit an access, correction, or deletion request, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To opt out of the (a) sale of your personal information, or (b) sharing of your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes, email us at email@example.com.
To submit a request on an individual’s behalf as their authorized agent, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• State Privacy Rights. For more information about your state privacy rights and choices, please see our OnePlus – State Privacy Rights Policy.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not intended for minors. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from anyone under the age of 13. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal information from anyone under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe anyone under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us as specified below in the “Contact Information” section hereof. California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and “sale” (as such term is used in our OnePlus – State Privacy Rights Policy) of their information. Please see our OnePlus – State Privacy Rights Policyfor more information.
How We Protect Your Information
Links to Third-Party Websites, Apps, and Features
Transfer of Information Between Countries
OnePlus USA Corp.
Attn: Customer Care/Privacy
5000 Riverside Drive
Building 5, Suite 300
Irving, TX 75039-4316