Warranty Exchange Service Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions will apply to Warranty Exchange Service ( "WES" ) provided in conjunction with OnePlus limited warranty policy in Terms of Sales. WES is only available for eligible OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro devices ( "Eligible Device" ) in the US market .
If your device qualifies under WES, OnePlus will ship a replacement device ( "Advanced Exchange Device" ) to your designated location after you finish credit card authorization. You must return the original device to OnePlus within seven (7) calendar days from the date you receive the Advanced Exchange Device ( "Return Period" ) .
When you elect to add WES to your request for covered warranty services, you AGREE to the following terms:
1. Your Eligible Device will not qualify for WES if the Device has physical damage or liquid damage and / or is not covered under the Standard Warranty Terms .
2. To ensure that the original Eligible Device is returned and without damage , OnePlus requests that you provide us with a valid credit card number before OnePlus ships the Advance Exchange Device . OnePlus will send you the link for credit card authorization .
3. The Advanced Exchange Device is a refurbished device that undergoes OnePlus's stringent refurbishment process , including full functionality testing and cosmetic inspection .
4. The warranty for this advanced exchange device will stay the same as your original Eligible Device .
5. The Advanced Exchange Device is a handset without accessories and will be shipped to you in a box , along with a printed return shipping label . At the same time , you will receive an email notification from OnePlus for the return tracking number and shipping instruction for your return .
6. You must use the prepaid shipping label to return the Eligible Device for which you received an Advanced Exchange Device and are requesting warranty service . You must ship your original Eligible Device within seven (7) calendar days from the date you receive the Advance Exchange Device , as indicated by the carrier’s tracking system .
7. Your original Eligible Device will be received and inspected by OnePlus service center. YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED if you return the original Eligible Device ( with the serial number you have provided to us ) without any physical damage or liquid damage within seven (7) calendar days from the date you receive the Advanced Exchange Device.
8. You will be liable for the cost of the Advanced Exchange Device, if: ( 1 ) You have not shipped your Eligible Device within seven (7) calendar days from the date you receive the Advanced Exchange Device as indicated by the carrier’s tracking system ; ( 2 ) the Eligible Device is not under warranty; ( 3 ) the OnePlus device is not an Eligible Device ; ( 4 ) the Eligible Device is found with physical damage or / and liquid damage . YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL BE CHARGED FOR $1000 . If you have any concern about your device inspection result , please reach out to OnePlus Customer Support .
9. Credit Card Authorization .
a. This authorization is a temporarily hold for your payments for up to 26 calendar days .
b. If Eligible device has been received and is inspected as "pass" within 25 calendar days from the date when you authorized the credit card, your payment will be returned/released to you in full .
c. If your Eligible device has not been received and is inspected as "fail" within 25 calendar days from the date when you authorized the credit card. Your credit card will be automatically charged for the payment .