Privacy & Legal
The information we collect and how it is used
In order to better serve you, we collect both personal and non-personal information. The information we collect may include your name, email address, postal address and phone number. Your information may be used in the following ways:
- When you visit our website, your IP address' geolocation data is used to present you with the most relevant currency and shipping options.
- When you subscribe to the OnePlus newsletter, we collect your email to send you news and promotions.
- When you create a OnePlus Account, we collect your name and email to validate your account and send you notifications.
- When you participate in our promotions or order products from the OnePlus website, we collect your postal address and telephone number for logistical purposes.
- When we ship your order, your postal address will be given to our logistics partners to facilitate delivery.
Managing your personal information
We may occasionally send you news on our products and promotions. If you wish to unsubscribe you may do so in your OnePlus Account. You may also modify your information by updating your profile or by sending us a request at https://www.oneplus.com/support.
Disclosure to third parties
We share relevant information with various third-party businesses so that they may provide us with services such as email, website analytics, targeted promotions, payment processing, order processing and delivery. Third party partners are also obligated to protect your privacy and never receive your full account information.
In order to optimize your user experience, OnePlus uses third-party service providers that offer certain analytics and user interaction services in connection with our website. These services include the collection and tracking of certain data and information regarding the characteristics and activities of visitors to this site. We may disclose Visitor data, including Personally Identifiable Information, to certain such providers in order to obtain these services.
We support the Do Not Track browser setting in accordance with the Do Not Track Policy for California. Do Not Track (or DNT) is a preference you can set in your browser to let the websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting certain information about you. For more details about Do Not Track, including how to enable or disable this preference, visit this Do Not Track webpage.
OnePlus takes particular care to protect the safety and privacy of children using our products. In accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If we have inadvertently collected information of a child under the age of 13 without first obtaining parental consent, we will make effort to immediately delete the information.
In accordance with California S.B. 568, “Privacy Rights for California Minors in a Digital World”, minors in California may request removal of postings that they have made in the OnePlus Forums through their OnePlus Accounts.
In order to better provide recommendations, navigation, weather and other related services, OnePlus may collect, use and share with partners relevant information regarding the real-time location of your OnePlus device or online login. This information will be collected anonymously.
We use industry standard security measures to ensure your personal information is safe. Payments on oneplus.net are handled by PayPal or CyberSource and transmitted using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with 2048-bit encryption. OnePlus does not store or have access to your payment details. Your credit/debit card information is retained via PayPal’s or CyberSource’s servers.
Third Party Policies
OnePlus’ website and devices may contain links and services offered by third parties. For example, online purchases are handled via PayPal. OxygenOS® also uses a suite of applications provided by Google. Information collected by such third parties is governed by their own privacy and legal policies.
Commitment to Privacy
18F Tairan Building, Block C, Tairan 8th Road, Chegongmiao, Futian District
Shenzhen, Guangdong 518040 China
Terms and Conditions
Website terms of service
These Terms of Service apply to the website and all subdomains of oneplus.net. All content on this site, including but not limited to text, images, code, design and layout, is owned and controlled by OnePlus. No part of the site and content may be reproduced, republished or distributed without the express permission of OnePlus. Our services are provided on an as-is and as-available basis, without warranty. We reserve the right to modify these terms and terminate our services at any time. By using this website, you agree to the terms laid out in this document.
Usage of the site
You grant OnePlus the right to use, reproduce, modify, and distribute any non-personal, non-confidential content you post. You may not post unlawful, inflammatory, obscene, or otherwise threatening content to our site. Any such content will be deleted and the associated accounts suspended. You may not access unauthorized parts of the site or use the site in any way that will disrupt our services.
Terms of Sales
Prices and currencies displayed at checkout are final. OnePlus does not charge extra transaction fees. If you are paying for your order with an international credit or debit card, the price displayed in your card statement may vary in accordance with exchange rates. Your bank or card issuer may also charge additional foreign conversion charges and fees, which may increase the overall cost of your purchase. Please contact your bank or card issuer regarding any fees incurred. Note: seller is located in Hong Kong.
Payments on oneplus.net are handled by PayPal or CyberSource and transmitted using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with 2048-bit encryption. OnePlus does not store or have access to your payment details. Your credit/debit card information is retained via PayPal’s or CyberSource’s servers.
OnePlus makes every effort to supply the Products listed in your Order Confirmation. In some situations, however, we will need to cancel your order. For example, (1) the item is no longer in stock; (2) the item is no longer being produced; (3) there is a price fluctuation; or (4) a Third Party notifies OnePlus that cancellation is necessary. If this is the case, OnePlus will cancel your order, notify you of the cancellation, and timely refund the money you have paid toward the Order. Unless the case involves violations of applicable national law, refund of the money you have paid toward an order will be the extent of OnePlus' liability to you for a cancelled order.
OnePlus phones purchased on oneplus.net come with a limited warranty of one (1) year starting from the date of delivery. Unless otherwise specified, this warranty covers the hardware components of the Product as originally supplied and does not cover, or partially covers, software, consumable items, or accessories, even if packaged or sold together with the Product. This warranty is only redeemable within the original country or region of purchase.
The limited warranty only covers product defects caused by workmanship or build materials. To make a claim, please present your original Proof of Purchase (invoice), model and serial number of the Product, and photo evidence of the Product’s defects to OnePlus Customer Support at https://www.oneplus.com/support.
OnePlus may use rebuilt, reconditioned or new parts and components when repairing any product. Alternatively, we may replace the defective product entirely with a rebuilt, reconditioned or new OnePlus product.
Please note that we offer after sales assistance only in the areas where we make shipments (this includes repairs and/or replacements/returns)
The limited warranty does not cover:
- Defects or damage resulting from accidents, neglect, misuse or abnormal use; abnormal conditions or improper storage; exposure to liquid, moisture, dampness, sand, or dirt; unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress.
- Scratches, dents and cosmetic damage, unless caused by OnePlus.
- Defects or damage resulting from excessive force or use of metallic objects on the touch screen.
- Devices that have the serial number or the IMEI number removed, defaced, damaged, altered or made illegible.
- Ordinary wear and tear.
- Defects or damage resulting from the use of the Product in conjunction or connection with accessories, products, or ancillary/peripheral equipment not furnished or approved by OnePlus.
- Any physical feature defects or damage resulting from improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, or adjustment not furnished or approved by OnePlus.
- Defects or damage resulting from external causes such as collision with an object, fire, flooding, dirt, windstorm, lightning, earthquake, exposure to weather conditions, theft, blown fuse, or improper use of any electrical source.
- Defects or damage resulting from cellular signal reception or transmission, or viruses and other software problems introduced into the Product.
- Products not purchased from oneplus.net.
- Repair conducted by un-official repair centers.
Please contact OnePlus Customer Support for enquiries regarding Limited Warranty.
Return and Replacement Policy
OnePlus phones and accessories are made to the highest standards and undergo rigorous testing. If you are not satisfied with your OnePlus product for any reason, you may request a return within 15 calendar days of delivery. Once we approve your request and receive the returned Product, we will give you a full refund.
Hardware purchased directly from OnePlus is covered by a Limited Warranty on workmanship and materials, commencing from the date of delivery and for the duration of:
*Must be unopened and in original packaging.
Return requests made outside of the 15-day period will not be accepted. We may also choose not to accept returns in the event of:
- Defects or damages caused by misuse, neglect, physical damage, tampering, incorrect adjustment, normal wear and tear or incorrect installation after purchase.
- Price fluctuations being the sole reason for return.
- Customized customer contracts.
In all cases, we will inspect the Product and verify the fault. To qualify for a replacement or refund, devices must be in "as new" condition and, with the original packaging. Accessories must be sealed in their original packaging. We reserve the right to refuse a refund if the Product returned is deemed to have been damaged.
Please contact OnePlus Customer Support to request a return at https://www.oneplus.com/support. Without a verified return request, the returned package will be declined. Return requests cannot be cancelled once they have reached "Complete" status.
Once you've contacted OnePlus Customer Support and requested a return:
- You will receive and be required to submit a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) form. Print out the RMA form and place it inside of the shipping package you are returning.
- Include all items from your original shipment, including devices, accessories, and documentation. Do not send additional accessories such as your SIM card, cases, screen protectors, or headphones. If such items are shipped to us by mistake, we are not able to return them.
- Before returning any unit for service, be sure to back up your data. You are responsible for the personal information stored in your phone - please erase all personal and sensitive data from the device before sending it to OnePlus. OnePlus will not be responsible for any disclosure of data still on the returned or serviced device.
- During service, data stored on the device may be deleted and reformatted. OnePlus is not responsible for the loss of any software programs, data or other information contained in the Product’s storage. Recovery and reinstallation of third party software programs, data and information are not covered under warranty.
Partial Refund Policy
All returned product(s) will be fully inspected. To qualify for a refund, the product(s) must be in new condition and, if possible, with the original packaging. We reserve the right to provide a partial refund or refuse a refund if the returned goods are deemed to have been damaged. You can refer to the details of the OnePlus Return Policy here. Please note, the return shipping fee for the rejected items will not be covered by OnePlus.
|You may receive a partial refund in the original form of payment for the items listed below. Please note: All returns will be inspected at our service centers. The refund amount will not include the original shipping and handling fee. Should the device not meet the requirements, we reserve the right to reject the return.||
|Non-defective items that are returned unopened and beyond the return policy period.||50% of item's purchase price|
|Items received in the following condition may be subject to a partial refund or rejection: Items not in original condition, damaged, no retail box, missing accessories User made physical damage||Maximum 50% of item's purchase price Rejected items will be returned to sender|
|Item's outside the limited warranty period.||0% of item's purchase price|
Orders are shipped within 2 business days of payment. Orders made during promotional periods and special events may have longer shipping times. Priority will be at the discretion of OnePlus. In such cases, customers will be informed in advance individually.
To avoid damage, all goods are inspected and sealed before delivery.
OnePlus will keep you updated on your order status via email. Orders cannot be cancelled once they have reached "Processing" status.
How is shipping calculated?
Shipping is calculated based on shipping address and shipping method. The following options can be selected during checkout:
Standard Shipping (2 business days processing time + 3-7 business days)
Priority Shipping (2 business days processing time + 1-3 business days)
Please note that all delivery dates are estimates only. Additional charges will be necessary for shipping to addresses in remote locations. We are unable to ship to PO Box addresses.
To return an item, please submit a ticket at https://www.oneplus.com/support.
Events Beyond Reasonable Control
Neither party will be responsible for any delay or failure to comply with these terms if the delay or failure arises from any cause beyond their reasonable control (wars, natural disasters, extreme weather conditions, etc.).
We retain the right to take action at any time in the event of failure to comply with these terms.
Trademarks and copyright
Certain trademarks belong to third parties and may not be used without permission. See their respective websites for more information.
We are not liable for any loss or damages that may arise from using our services.
We reserve the right to update this document at any time without prior notification.
This document was last updated on 09/01/2016.