Privacy & Legal
OnePlus Privacy & Legal Policies
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The information we collect and how it is used
In order to better serve you, we collect both personal and non-personal information. The information we collect may include your name, email address, postal address and phone number. Your information may be used in the following ways:
- i. When you visit our website, your IP address’s geolocation data is used to present you with the most relevant currency and shipping options.
- ii. When you subscribe to the OnePlus newsletter, we collect your email to send you news and promotions.
- iii. When you create a OnePlus Account, we collect your name and email address to validate your account and send you notifications.
- iv. When you participate in our promotions or order products from the OnePlus website, we collect your postal address and telephone number for logistical purposes.
- v. When we ship your order, your postal address will be given to our logistics partners to facilitate delivery.
Managing your personal information
We may occasionally send you news on our products and promotions. If you wish to unsubscribe you may do so in your OnePlus Account. You may also modify your information by updating your profile or by sending us a request at https://www.oneplus.com/au/support.
Disclosure to third parties
We share relevant information with various third-party businesses so that they may provide us with services such as email, website analytics, targeted promotions, payment processing, order processing and delivery. Third party partners are also obligated to protect your privacy and never receive your full account information.
In order to optimize your user experience, OnePlus uses third-party service providers that offer certain analytics and user interaction services in connection with our website. These services include the collection and tracking of certain data and information regarding the characteristics and activities of visitors to this site. We may disclose Visitor data, including Personally Identifiable Information, to certain such providers in order to obtain these services.
In accordance with the US Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) and corresponding Australian law, we do not knowingly collect information from children under 13.
In order to better provide recommendations, navigation, weather and other related services, OnePlus may collect, use and share with partners relevant information regarding the real-time location of your OnePlus device or online login. This information will be collected anonymously.
We use industry standard security measures to ensure your personal information is safe. Payments on oneplus.net are handled by PayPal or PayPal Guest Checkout and transmitted using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with 2048-bit encryption. OnePlus does not store or have access to your payment details. Your credit/debit card information is retained via PayPal’s or PayPal Guest Checkout servers.
Third Party Policies
OnePlus’ website and devices may contain links and services offered by third parties. For example, online purchases are handled via PayPal. OxygenOS® also uses a suite of applications provided by Google. Information collected by such third parties is governed by their own privacy and legal policies and OnePlus accepts no liability for the data policies of such third parties.
Commitment to Privacy
18F Tairan Building, Block C, Tairan 8th Road
Chegongmiao, Futian District, Shenzhen, Guangdong 518040 China
Terms and Conditions
Website terms of service
These Terms of Service (the “Terms”) apply to oneplus.net and any sub-domains or variants thereof (collectively, the “Site”). All content on this site, including but not limited to text, images, code, design and layout, is owned and controlled by OnePlus. No part of the site and its content may be reproduced, republished or distributed without the express written permission of OnePlus.
Unless otherwise stated herein, all Services are provided on an as-is and as-available basis, without warranty. Except as required by applicable law, OnePlus makes no warranties with respect to the merchantability, fitness for purpose, functionality, non-infringement, or completeness of the services. We reserve the right to modify these Terms and terminate our services at any time. By using this website you agree to the terms laid out in this document.
Usage of the site
a. You grant OnePlus the right to use, reproduce, modify and distribute any non-personal, non-confidential content you post on the Site.
b. You may not post unlawful, inflammatory, obscene, threatening, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate content to the Site.
c. Any such content will be deleted from the Site and the associated accounts suspended.
d. You may not access unauthorized parts of the Site or use the site in any way that will disrupt our services.
Terms of Sales
Prices and currencies displayed at checkout are final. OnePlus does not charge additional transaction fees. If you are paying for your order with an international credit or debit card, the price displayed in your card statement may vary in accordance with exchange rates. Your bank or card issuer may also charge additional foreign conversion charges and fees, which may increase the overall cost of your purchase. Please contact your bank or card issuer regarding any fees incurred.
Note: the seller is located in Hong Kong and does not have a physical presence in Australia. By making a purchase on the Site, you accept responsibility for import of the products into Australia.
Payments on oneplus.net are handled by PayPal or CyberSource and transmitted using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with 2048-bit encryption. OnePlus does not store or have access to your payment details. Your credit/debit card information is retained via PayPal’s or CyberSource’s servers.
OnePlus makes every effort to supply the Products listed in your Order Confirmation. In some situations, however, we will need to cancel your order. For example,
- i. the item is no longer in stock;
- ii. the item is no longer being produced;
- iii. there is a price fluctuation;
- iv. a third tarty notifies OnePlus that cancellation is necessary; or OnePlus has reasonable grounds to believe that a transaction is fraudulent.
If this is the case, OnePlus will cancel your order, notify you of the cancellation, and timely refund the money you have paid toward the Order. Unless the case involves violations of applicable national law, refund of the money you have paid toward an order will be the extent of OnePlus’ liability to you for a cancelled order.
Each OnePlus product sold in Australia comes with the following consumer guarantees:
- i. Products are of acceptable quality;
- ii. Products are fit for purpose indicated to consumer before buying;
- iii. Products are accurately described;
- iv. Products satisfy any express warranties;
- v. Products have clear title;
f. Products come with undisturbed possession;
- vi. Products are free from any hidden securities or other charges;
- vii. Products have spare parts or repair facilities reasonable available.
All OnePlus repair and support services in Australia contain the following guarantees:
- i. The services shall be provided with due care;
- ii. The services shall be fit for purpose;
- iii. The services shall be completed within a reasonable time period.
Each OnePlus phone purchased through oneplus.net come with a limited warranty of two (2) years, starting from the date of delivery (hereinafter, the “Warranty”).
Unless otherwise specified, the Warranty covers the hardware components of the Product as originally supplied and does not cover, or partially covers, software, consumable items, or accessories even if packaged or sold together with the Product. The Warranty is only redeemable within the original country or region of purchase.
The Warranty only covers product defects caused by workmanship or build materials. To make a claim, please present your original Proof of Purchase (invoice); model and serial number of the Product; and photo evidence of the Product’s defects to OnePlus Customer Service at OnePlus Customer Service.
Any repair and replacement service covered by the Warranty, along with shipping and handling, will be free within the two (2) years period.
Any defect or nonconformity of goods with the contract of sale which becomes apparent within six (6) months of delivery are presumed to have existed at the time of delivery. After the expiry of this six (6) month period, the burden to prove that the defect or nonconformity of goods with the contract of sale existed at delivery generally shifts to the consumer.
In the event of a Warranty claim, OnePlus will at its sole discretion choose from the following options:
- i. Repair the product with new or reconditioned parts without sacrificing performance and are equivalent to new parts.
- ii. Replace the device with the same model, this may or may not be a reconditioned device. With your consent, we may also replace your device with alternative model with the same functionalities.
- iii. Process a refund for the return of the product. The refund may or not be less than the original purchase price depending on how long the device has been in use.
- iv. Please note: An additional ninety (90) days warranty is provided post repair or replacement of spare parts and the actual product will continue to enjoy the remaining warranty. Ultimately we will choose whichever option gives you the longer warranty time.
The Warranty does not cover:
- i. Defects or damage resulting from accidents, neglect, misuse or abnormal use; abnormal conditions or improper storage; exposure to liquid, moisture, dampness, sand or dirt; unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress.
- ii. Scratches, dents and cosmetic damage, unless caused by OnePlus.
- iii. Defects or damage resulting from excessive force or use of metallic objects on the touch screen.
- iv. Devices that have the serial number or the IMEI number removed, defaced, damaged, altered or made illegible.
- v. Ordinary wear and tear.
- vi. Defects or damage resulting from the use of the product in conjunction or connection with accessories, products, or ancillary/peripheral equipment not furnished or approved by OnePlus. Any physical feature defects or damage resulting from improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, or adjustment not furnished or approved by OnePlus.
- vii. Defects or damage resulting from external causes such as collision with an object, fire, flooding, dirt, windstorm, lightning, earthquake, exposure to weather conditions, theft, blown fuse, or improper use of any electrical source.
- viii. Defects or damage resulting from cellular signal reception or transmission, or viruses and other software problems introduced into the product.
- ix. Products not purchased from oneplus.net or any of its official distributors.
Return and Replacement Policy
OnePlus phones and accessories are made to the highest standards and undergo rigorous testing. In addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law, OnePlus offers the following return policy. If you are not satisfied with your OnePlus Product for any reason, you may request a return or replacement within fifteen (15) days from the date you received a product.
Hardware purchased directly from OnePlus is covered by a Limited Warranty for workmanship and materials, commencing from the date of delivery and for the duration of:
To return an undamaged Product, simply contact us and send back your Product with the original receipt (or gift receipt) and in the original packaging within fifteen (15) days from the date you received the Product. If the item is returned within this timeframe, we will offer a you refund in the same form in which original payment was made.
*Please note the following:
Items must be returned with all OnePlus tags still attached. They must be in their original packaging, such as boxes or dust bags. It is mandatory to have a RMA (return merchandise authorization ) number when processing a repair, replacement or return. You may obtain an RMA number via self-service RMA or by contacting OnePlus Customer Service. Please note, OnePlus is not responsible for any loss or damage to the item(s) if the aforementioned steps are not followed.
Returned items must be in as-new condition, unaltered, and free of customer-caused damage. We may also choose not to accept returns in the event of:
- i. Defects or damages caused by misuse, neglect, physical damage, tampering, incorrect adjustment, normal wear and tear or incorrect installation after purchase.
- ii. Price fluctuations being the sole reason for return.
- iii. Customized customer contracts.
In all cases, we will inspect the product and verify the fault. To qualify for a replacement or refund, devices must be in “as-new” condition and, if possible, with the original sealed packaging intact. Accessories and gear must be sealed in their original packaging. We reserve the right to refuse a refund if the returned Product is found to have been damaged.
Please contact OnePlus customer service to request a return at OnePlus Customer Service . Without a verified return request, the returned package will be declined. Return requests cannot be cancelled once they have reached “shipped” status.
Once you have contacted OnePlus customer service and requested a return:
a. You will receive and be required to submit a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) form. Please print out the RMA form and place it inside of the shipping package you are returning.
b. Include all items from your original shipment, including devices, accessories, and documentation. Do not send additional add-ons such as your SIM card, cases, screen protectors, or headphones. If such items are shipped to us by mistake, we are unable to return them.
c. Before returning any unit for service, please be sure to backup your data. You are responsible for the personal information stored in your phone - please erase all personal and sensitive data on the device before sending it to OnePlus. OnePlus will not be responsible for any disclosure of data that is still on the returned or serviced device.
d. During service, data stored on the device may be deleted and reformatted. OnePlus is not responsible for the loss of any software programs, data or other information contained in your Product’s storage. Recovery and reinstallation of third party software programs, data and information are not covered under the Warranty.
Orders placed on the Site are generally shipped within two (2) business days of payment. Orders made during promotional periods and special events, may have longer shipping times, at the discretion of OnePlus. In such cases, customers will be informed in advance separately. All goods are inspected and sealed before delivery to avoid damage. OnePlus will keep you updated on your order status via email. Orders cannot be cancelled once they have reached “order being prepared” status.
How is shipping calculated?
Shipping is calculated based on shipping address and shipping method. The following options can be selected during checkout:
Priority Shipping (2 business days processing time + 1-3 business days)
Please note that delivery dates are estimates only and may vary depending on actual conditions. Additional charges will be necessary for shipping addresses in remote locations. We are unable to ship to P.O. Box addresses.
To return an item, please submit a ticket at https://www.oneplus.com/au/support.
Events Beyond Reasonable Control
Neither party will be responsible for any delay or failure to comply with these terms if the delay or failure arises from any cause beyond their reasonable control (wars, natural disasters, extreme weather conditions, etc.).
We retain our rights to take action at any time in the event of failure to comply with these terms.
Trademarks and copyright
Certain trademarks belong to third parties and may not be used without permission. See their respective websites for more information. Nothing in these terms shall be construed as a license to any OnePlus intellectual property. You shall not make use of any OnePlus intellectual property without express written consent.
We are not liable for any loss or damages that may arise from using our services.
We reserve the right to update this document at any time without prior notification.
This document was last updated on 28/08/2017.